My Photo
Name:
Location: Beautiful South Carolina

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Last Week...

I had such a busy week... Whew!!! Let's see if I can remember everything I wanted to share?!?

We've had a couple nieces graduate from High School in the last few weeks and we decided to give them a gift that would last a lifetime... not just for their first college apartments. I spent about 30'ish hours making the 2 albums. It ended up being a tad tougher than I had originally planned. Isn't that how "easy" projects usually go? Well, I bought these "Zoom Albums" but... the program template cuts out about 1/2" of usable space all the way around the page... I did not like that! So... I thought I'll just design the layouts to the right size a tiny bit smaller than the actual page size and create my own template. Well it was all working out until I printed the first one... {lol}My fancy smancy new Epson R1800 printer and it's stupid borderless printing option doesn't apparently work in a logical way. Go Figure!!! So then, dh and I had to create a little attachment for the pages so that when we printed the last 2 books (that came in the package of 3 for $24.95) we wouldn't mess them up. It worked out pretty well... but I'm definitely gonna have to figure out "Why in the heck" borderless printing isn't really "BORDERLESS"!! It enlarges the photo your trying to print and pushes it out cutting off about 1" of every edge of the page. I bought this printer for the specific option of borderless printing of my 12x12" layouts... so there better be an easy fix for it... but right now there's not time to figure this out... too many other life pressing things. So here's a few photos of how the albums turned out. Also, there are photos of the gift wrap I made for each album. I made a little trinket box for one of the niece's(which I forgot to photograph) and a little gift bag out of scrapbook paper and embellishments for the other.



I love Target!!! That's my Simple confession today. I found these photo slide frames in there the other day and I just couldn't help myself!!! I got 5 different styles and sizes with tax for $25.

I have already finished with 2 of them. I used all the photos of me and dh with our fancy anniversary photos that we've had done for 2003, 2005, & 2006. I think they turned out so cute. These are going to look great in my scrapping room. I'm going to use the others for my 35th b'day shoot, and a couple other events that are special. Here are a photo of the anniversary ones I've finished so far.


Our weekend was a busy one this week... (pretty much why I didn't blog on Saturday) It was such a fun weekend. First, we headed out of town to meet some friends about 2 hours away for an Audio Adrenaline Concert at a street concert series called Sundown at Market Square Mall. For anyone who doesn't know, Audio A is a Christian Rock Group. They have been traveling for 16 years and this year is their last tour. Here's their Website if you want to hear some of their stuff. They are an awesome group! After the concert of course we had to stop at Cracker Barrel for some Chocolate Cobbler 'ala mode... This stuff is the BEST!!! Here's a "copycat recipe"... not sure how this one tastes but I think I may try making this myself... lol

We then said our goodbyes and headed over to my dh's twins home to get some shut eye. We enjoyed Saturday morning hanging out eat homemade blueberry pancakes and laughing at my fear of heights and enjoying the tour of their lovely garden & landscaping. We definitely need a lot of training from them when we get our own home and start to plan our yard. I love their yard! It's to die for - like in some hoighty toighty magazine.

Around lunch we headed out for my much needed Jo-Ann's fix... we don't have one here; so , dh always let's me stop and enjoy a little shopping there when were in town. I got some awesome deals!!! They had all their clearance an extra 30% off of the already 60%... I got some great goodies for scrapping and the house for only $10.37 DH was even impressed...

We then made the small trek up to The Smoky's for the day. We went swimming. Well, dh did! That water is so stinking cold up there... and the sun was kinda low so I couldn't get up the nerve to go past my toes this time. It usually takes the water rafting to make me get in that water anyways. We played some cribbage and ate a little picnic dinner after finding our little spot for the synchronized firefly showing at Elkmont. This was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen in my entire life. It was so mesmerizing. I can't believe it isn't one of the seven wonders of the world. There must've been a million fireflies. They would start in one spot and move around you as though they were an orchestra playing the most masterful piece ever written. Then they would stop for a few seconds and then it would happen all over again. We sat there amazed in awe of the beauty of this creation of God for 30 mins without even realizing it almost. It was just absolutely fantastic. If you ever have the opportunity to see it... you should definitely take the time out of your busy life and attend... and be patient. They didn't come out here till nearly 10pm it seemed late, but the fact that it didn't really get dark until nearly 9:45 accounts for that. They say they usually stay at it for about 2-3 hours at night for about 2 weeks out of the year. Here's a link for more info. from the state park website about the fireflies.

5 Comments:

Blogger Christine Smith said...

Hey there -- thanks for commenting on my blog on my subscriber offer. Shoot me an e-mail: CSDigital.at.cybermom.mailshell.com (replace the .at. with an @) so I can arrange something else for you :)

Tue Jun 27, 10:25:00 PM  
Blogger HoleyCow Designs said...

hello!
I wanted to comment on your comment on my blog.. (holeycow-scrapkits)
I TOO print my items off.. and all that is need is to enlarge any item.. as for the paper.. they are FILLS not full sheets.. allyou do is open your 12x12 page.. and FILL it with my paper parts.. and POOF.. a full sheet.. I purposely make them so that they seemlesly tile themselves.. most of my elements are made to be used small or enlarged.. I do this for siz of kit .. I make all my pages 12x12.. and print them or have them printed.. and have never had a issue with distortion.. I think I create different because I do more then with graphics then just scrap.. and so many now.. only use them for scrap.. therefore I make them differently then others.. but they can are are used the same way.. I too paper scrap.. so am familiar with size and things..
Im not mad at all for your post.. I just wanted you to know.. all my things are made to be enlarged and filled.. so that ALL scrap sizes can use them.. and I never make FULL sheets of paper.. ALWAYS fills.. hope this info allows you to use the kits.. as they all work great even on 12x12 layouts!
Mindi

Tue Aug 01, 06:12:00 PM  
Blogger Carrie Nichols said...

Hey Shawna! Love your blog!

Mon Aug 07, 07:30:00 AM  
Blogger ksharonk said...

Hey there ... thanks for visiting my blog ... and thanks for your kind comments. I've reset the Summer Sweetness Paper Pack, and there is a link on my latest blog post, if you want to skip back and download it. Enjoy!!! :)

Tue Aug 08, 04:27:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Hi Shawna - sorry to email you here, but I didn't have your actual email addy! :) This is in response to your question about my Lucky Me and Winter Wonderland kits.

Thank you for letting me know about the problem you're having. I have no clue why they're not working. I'm not going to be on my "fun" computer until Monday (I hope I can be on it then!), but I'll definitely look into it.

In those two kits, are you able to see all the other PNG files? If I remember right, I think there was maybe a "warning" that said they're too big for PNG, yet when I saved it, it looked fine on my end despite the warning. Can you OPEN the files even though you can't see them? If you can, maybe the "invisible" thing is what happened because it was too big. Do you have problems with the scalloped paper in the February kit, too?

Thanks again, and I apologize for the problems!

Sarah

Thu Sep 20, 06:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home